Climate Change: What Can I Do?

I've been trying to figure out what I can do personally to reduce my carbon emissions.

1) I've switched to CFL Lightbulbs.

2) I now ride my bicycle and take mass-transit to work.


One thing I learned that was surprising - I figured I had no control over the source of my electrical power from the utility company. Then I found the EPA's Green Power Site. You can look up your community via this site. I was surprised to find out that my community has a Green Power Option. I've signed up for the 600 kWh/month option - now more than 100% of my electrical consumption comes from 100% renewable resources (90% wind, 5% small-hydro, and 5% solar energy generated entirely within the State of Illinois)

I encourage everyone to see what is available in their community.

Comments